What is Mindfulness
Just meditation isn’t enough to disrupt our deeply ingrained habits.
What to Expect at the Masterclass
1. Your innate capcity to be mindful
- Meet the teacher and ask questions you may have about mindfulness
- Find out the path that best supports your journey
- Learn how you can continue to strengthen your capacity to be mindful with the 8-week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction program and the 8-week Return to Mindfulness program.
Who Is This For?
This free Masterclass is for anyone interested in mindfulness or looking for secular practices to find more ease in their lives and it is required for people taking the eight week MBSR course to attend the orientation class or would like to deepen their practice after taking an MBSR class.
Free Introduction Classes
If you are curious about the MBSR program or would like to explore if this is the right program for you at this time, please attend a free class or contact us if you cannot attend. This class is required prior to taking our MBSR Evening class.
About The Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Program (MBSR)
MBSR was developed by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn in 1979 at the UMass Medical School to help people learn to relate to whatever is happening in their lives with ease, compassion, & clarity. Mounting research indicates many benefits including:
- Enhanced ability to manage stress
- Greater energy & enthusiasm for life
- Improved self-esteem
- More focus
- Emotional regulation
- Interpersonal benefits
- Managing pain
Please check the calendar for upcoming eight-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction and Return to Mindfulness classes.
Please RSVP On Which Date You Would Like To Attend One Of The Free Masterclass and how you heard about Downtown Mindfulness – Shalini@KnowYourMind.training or use the link above to sign up.