Learn to Unlearn.
Unlearn mental habits that no longer serve you.
Learn essential skills to flourish in the classroom and beyond.
Evidence-Based Programs to Thrive in The Classroom & Beyond
Unhook from your habitual patterns of thinking.
Live and lead with more choice and creative insight
Find the training that works for your students or educators
Mindful Leadership: Transformative Technologies for Being the Change
In a world that is rapidly changing and filled with uncertainty, we continue to make decisions based on mental models are outdated and habitual. This 7-week training is for students to gain self mastery and lead with wisdom and compassion. Some of the topics and skills-development included in this program are:
- Introduction to mindfulness and mindful leadership
- Automaticity and wholesome habits
- Managing the stress of leading
- Developing decision-making skills
- Cultivating compassion
- Communication with insight
- Leading oneself and others with resilience
Failure & Self-Awareness
One skill that is really needed and not stressed enough is knowing how to fail. How we explain our failure determines our success. Since success and failure are emotional experiences, gaining emotional awareness is an important aspect of this training. Some of the topics and skills-development included in this program are:
- Facts about failure
- Emotional awareness
- Cognitive awareness
- How to cultivate awareness with mindfulness
- Gender gap in confidence
- Failure-tolerant leadership
- Create a personal resilience plan
I love creating healing and dynamic spaces for people can flourish within. I will work with you to create the right kind of retreat environment for your people.
Resilience: Essential Mindfulness Skills to Thrive in Change
The ability to recover from difficulties and think clearly in rapidly changing environments is an essential skill not only in school but also in life. Change is inevitable. Adapting to change requires a flexible mindset that can be developed. In this program students will learn skills to:
- Cultivate awareness with mindfulness
- Avoid burn out
- Develop healthy habits for inner calm on an ongoing basis
- Develop emotional resilience
- Develop cognitive resilience
- Communicate with authenticity and confidence
- Tackle difficult situations with awareness and agility
- Develop a personal resilience plan
Coming to Our Senses: How Contemplative Education Can Transform Our Classrooms, Students, & The World
In this key-note, college professors are exposed to contemplative pedagogy and integration strategies in their classrooms. Some of the topics and activities included are:
- Meaning and purpose of contemplative pedagogy – Focus, Contemplation of course content, Compassion and connection, and Self-inquiry and Awareness
- Benefits – Emotional Intelligence, Resilience, Self-Confidence, Creativity, Stress-Management, Well-Being, Better communication skills, & Engagement
- Contemplative strategies with examples
- A mindfulness tool kit for educators
- Mindfulness practices
- Meeting potential challenges in adopting contemplative pedagogy
- Small group brainstorming for applications and challenges
Compassionate Leadership in The Classroom & Beyond: Mindfulness for Early Educators
In this day-long retreat early educators are exposed to mindfulness and its integration for self-care, self-regulation, empathy, and compassionate leadership. The retreat includes breaks for mindful eating, walking in nature, and other mindful movement opportunities such as zumba or yoga, based on teachers’ preferences. Some of the topics and activities included are:
- Meaning and benefits of mindfulness
- Mindfulness practices and strategies for self-Care
- Mindfulness practices and strategies for self-regulation
- Empathy meaning and practices
- Compassionate leadership meaning and exercises
- Group brainstorming for personal plan and integration in school
Search Inside Yourself
Search Inside Yourself (SIY), a mindfulness-based leadership initiative that started at Google has spread to over 100 cities around the world. SIY is right for your organization if you want your people to learns skills to:
- Improve communication and collaboration.
- Be effective leaders.
- Improve decision-making and creativity.
- Reduce stress and experience overall well-being.
In an SIY program, you can expect to learn:
- Leadership Skills
Essential Mindfulness Skills to Thrive in Schools
This is a prototype for introducing mindfulness to high school teachers with high stress and little time to learn mindfulness-based skills in self-care, managing emotions, decision-making, empathy, self-compassion, and mindful communication. This program can be taught over 5 weeks, bi-weekly over ten weeks, or monthly over 5 months. The modules for this program include:
- Introduction: 3 Mindfulness Trainings to Thrive in the Classroom & Beyond
- Self-Care: Developing Self-Care Habits for Inner Calm, Clarity, & Energy
- Self-Management: Managing Emotions & Decision-Making
- Compassion: Befriending The Inner Critic & Compassion for Others
- Mindful Communication: Deep Listening, Mindful Speech, & Navigating Difficult Conversations
Mindfulness mentoring provides a safe space for educators to cultivate essential mindfulness skills for continued growth in self-awareness, well-being, and leadership capacity. Mindfulness mentoring can be beneficial if you would like to create a space for:
- Radical self-inquiry to clarify your intentions, goals, and potential.
- Challenging your thinking so your unproductive thinking patterns can be changed to more skillful and creative processes.
- Developing mindfulness practices and strategies to develop inner calm and clarity on demand.
- Developing skills for seeing the bigger picture and available opportunities.
- For thinking through the consequences of important decisions.
- Gaining awareness of your default ways of relating and reacting to be more mindful in relationships.
- Continued development of your potential as a conscious and effective educator.
- Gaining clarity on an important issue.
- A confidential sounding board.
- Learning how to incorporate a contemplative curriculum in the classroom.
Mentoring sessions are available on skype or in person, depending upon geographic location. The frequency and training is tailored to meet your goals.