A new paradigm for productivity.
Where engaging all stakeholders is a key driver to sustainable growth.
Where growth is not about working harder but about managing attention, insight, and skillful habits.
A new paradigm for productivity.
here reaching your goals is not about working harder and longer, but about more awareness, insight, and skillful actions.
Find the training that works for you or your organization
All trainings are customized to address the unique organizational development goals of each organization, its people, and culture. Look at some of the popular trainings and contact me to explore how you or your organization can benefit from the process of utilizing the three mindfulness trainings.
Search Inside Yourself
Search Inside Yourself (SIY), a mindfulness-based leadership initiative that started at Google has spread to over 100 cities around the world. SIY is right for your organization if you want your people to learns skills to:
- Improve communication and collaboration.
- Be effective leaders.
- Improve decision-making and creativity.
- Reduce stress and experience overall well-being.
In an SIY program, you can expect to learn:
- Leadership Skills
Three Mindfulness Trainings: Essential Skills to Thrive in Change
The brain is complex. In order to bring any kind of change, the different parts of the brain have to work together. The 3 mindfulness trainings develop skills that impact the three important neural networks involved with implementing change. This training goes beyond developing attention and awareness to all the skills essential to thrive in rapidly changing environments. This training is right for your organization if you want your people to learn skills for:
- Adaptive leadership
- Cognitive flexibility
- Clear seeing
- Creative decision making
- Healthy habits at work
- Closing the gap between goals and actions
- Agility in transitions and change
In this program, you can expect to develop:
- Focus and Awareness
- Compassion for self and others
- Curiosity and agility
- Energy and engagement
- Appreciative joy at work
- Inner calm on demand
- Equanimity in decision making
The training is based on the popular 8-week program developed by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn at the Center for Mindfulness, UMass Medical School in 1979. This training is right for your organization if you want your people to learns skills to:
- Manage stress
- Develop focus
- Cultivate ease and well-being
- Manage chronic pain
- Manage difficult emotions
In this program, you can expect to learn:
- Stress management strategies
- Emotional management strategies
- Mindful communication skills
- Self-care practices and strategies
Regardless of what industry you work in, change is inevitable. Changes in technology, consumers, competition, regulations, and within the organization, make it imperative for people to have skills in agility and resilience. The ability to be calm and think clearly in rapidly changing environments is essential for people to adapt to and lead the change. This training is right for your organization if you want your people to learn skills to:
- Avoid burn out
- Develop healthy habits for inner calm on an ongoing basis
- Respond with agility
- Overcome fear of failure
- Develop a culture of intelligent risk taking
- Be adaptive leaders
In this program you can expect to learn:
- Inner calm practices
- Practices to cultivate insight
- Emotional resilience
- Cognitive resilience
- Skillful habits to deal with uncertainty and change
Given the fast pace of lives and busyness, retreats create a space for people to hit pause. Based on organizational culture and needs, retreats can be designed to offer people an opportunity to unwind, connect with peers in different and meaningful ways, and unleash creative and unexplored potential within individuals and teams. From mindful Zumba to being in nature and mindful eating, you can choose the right mix of processes for your people to grow and thrive. Offering a retreat can be especially beneficial to your organization if:
- Your people need time for self-care and renewal.
- Your teams need space and time outside of daily routines to work on a special project.
- Your people can benefit from cultivating deeper connections and trust.
- Your people would like to develop specific skills in emotional intelligence and mindfulness in a non-intrusive way.
- A mindful break would benefit the creativity of your team.
A few essential components of a retreat that you can choose from include:
- Mindful walking in nature
- Music, poetry, and journaling
- Healthy and delicious meals
- Mindful communication exercises
- Team emotional intelligence practices
- Mindful creativity exercises
- Mindfulness practices
- Self-care and renewal
I love creating healing and dynamic spaces for people can flourish within. I will work with you to create the right kind of retreat environment for your people.
‘It’s lonely at the top’ might be a cliché, but it’s a common experience among many C-suite executives. Mindfulness mentoring provides a safe space for leaders to cultivate essential mindfulness skills for continued growth in self-awareness, well-being, and leadership capacity. Mindfulness mentoring can be beneficial if you would like to create a space for:
- Radical self-inquiry to clarify your intentions, goals, and potential.
- Challenging your thinking so your unproductive thinking patterns can be changed to more skillful and creative processes.
- Developing mindfulness practices and strategies to develop inner calm and clarity on demand.
- Developing skills for seeing the bigger picture and available opportunities.
- For thinking through the consequences of important decisions.
- Gaining awareness of your default ways of relating and reacting to be more mindful in relationships.
- Continued development of your potential as a conscious and effective leader.
- Gaining clarity on an important issue.
- A confidential sounding board.
Mentoring sessions are available on skype or in person, depending upon geographic location. The frequency and training is tailored to meet your goals.
My goal in offering mindfulness-based trainings is to make organizations self-sufficient in development of mindfulness-based skills after trainings with me are over. Whether, you have hired me for professional development and would like to sustain the benefits of the program on an ongoing basis or would like to create a mindfulness-based curriculum to be facilitated by your own staff, I will work with you to design a curriculum that will support your organizational goals. This will include:
- Assessment of your organizational goals and culture
- Mindfulness meditations to support your goals and access to online recordings or helping you with script to record your own meditations.
- Mindfulness-based learning modules that are easy to deliver.
- Mindfulness-based activities to apply mindfulness in your particular work setting.
- Professional presentation slides if need be.
- Accompanying research to support each module.
- Measurement instruments to assess people’s development.
Organizations I’ve Worked With
What My Clients Say
"Shalini presented to over 500 educators for us and not only kept them captive for an entire day, she inspired, brought joy, artfully and tactfully rolled with technology difficulties and was an absolute delight. Her diligence and care before the presentation in working with us was the best I've ever experienced. She truly wanted to make this work for us and our (large!) team and delivered beyond expectations."
Meghan, Director of Professional Development
"Shalini has done The Work and is genuine as a teacher and facilitator. Her attention to class participants is extraordinary - listens, clarifies, inspires. She is masterful in her practical application of complex topics across a wide range of class/workshop participants. The Mindfulness program involves many layers of both Learning and Personal Development. Shalini has the grace and wisdom essential to teach this type of program."
Richard, Adult Learning Consultant
"We got to see the difference in our leadership abilities when we were "just going through the motions" and when we were truly present in the moment. It was amazing to see how much more inspiring and effective everyone was when they were mindful and present."
Jessica, Accounting professor
"Shalini has combined a dynamic curriculum with practical application to make her Mindfulness Based Personal Branding class an absolute stand out amongst MBA classes as well as a must take for the business professional."
Michael, Finance Director
“I just finished a six session Executive Series at Downtown Mindfulness with Shalini Bahl. My health depended on learning meditation and stress reduction techniques. My life drastically improved from additional lessons Shalini taught me. I often and highly recommend Shalini to friends who are stressed out; who have an interest in self-improvement; and who’d appreciate that greater perspective translates into greater success. Shalini’s class benefited me most by implementing reminders in my daily life that make me more thoughtful about the potential impact on other people of my words and actions. People I work and socialize with have remarked that they recognize in me a greater calm since I became a student of Shalini’s. I’m grateful for the life-changing perspective she shared.”